Translate

Saturday 1 December 2018

Wedding Poem

When I was born an age ago
I strived to achieve the best 
With each passing moment, day, year, I grew
I was nurtured, learned many interesting notions
Life was there for the taking, no longer limiting what could be dreamed, attained
Longing for something, someone to pull me out of that mire of loneliness
Someone with a beating heart, a ticking soul, some kindred spirit
Love was just a word
One syllable uttered to family, close friends
But that special someone was eluded, always excluded

Balancing all thoughts, pondering true affection, a momentary lapse in judgement 
Where fleeting consensus closed all doors to the possibility of tender thoughts
Every turning point, every fixed mark in the night sky was some distant star
Evading all depths of tenderness and finding that perfect soulmate
Carefree and loyal only to me

Reverence clutched at straws and banging fists at ghostly apparitions that teased a life so full of promise
Only to fall and falter by the wayside of endearment falling on deaf ears
Destiny shrivelled and did not grow as a forest full of trees
For the forest was dark and each one shrub was all the same deep down
That one bloom of a fragile flower trampled underfoot by folly and cruel treachery

No feelings of desire, longing or lust until I met you
That memorizing smile, the beating fastidious heart, memorable gazing eyes
Capturing my all, through me and into me, piercing my very veil of existence
Until the very core of those emotional feelings were no longer resisted
On bended knee I gave my all, swallowed pride and gulped with courage

Will you marry me?  Let us make whole and one this very lifeblood and 
Become we, not I, in this mortal coil make our special intimacy be realized and endure the oceans of our future waves yet to be made
Swing the pendulum of caresses, conjuring beautiful magic 
And a fate yet to pulsate with our monstrous desires 
Fulfil each day as a wondrous couple with resonating nuptials...

Ring true, ring fierce ecstatic happiness
Bringing to mind, to mortality an untold religion of infatuation
Passion strike deeply and entirely engulf this union of two
Of exceptional fondness and hold us faithful unto thee alone
Man and wife conquered only by us alone and by love endlessly

No comments: