Translate

Sunday 25 December 2016

Paranormal Lockdown 2.2 "Shrewsbury Prison" Review

Shrewsbury Prison, Shropshire, England is in relatively good nick (no pun) for a prison.  Known as Dana Prison.  Had many expectations for me this episode, but for some reason to me it didn't feel as emotional or as creepy as all the other episodes of Paranormal Lockdown that I've watched and loved.  Maybe it was the location cos this prison seemed quite tame compared to the ones that have been investigated in the US.  However that's not putting the episode down or Nick and Katrina's gruelling 72 hour lockdown at all.  It was somehow worse for Katrina this time round, as first she has a tumble down the stairs and hurts her ankles and her wrist, but must soldier on.  As Nick later said it's a lockdown and they're here for 72 hours so they have to get the job done.  She didn't think she had been pushed, or didn't recall.  However it also reaffirmed their camaraderie and how they watch each other's backs, like when Nick heard that noise and he came back to check on Katrina all the way from the tunnel.  Did those noises, at least some of them, sound like the trap door giving way when a hanging is carried out?  As I tweeted Katrina that must've been awful for her and I wish I did have the synchronicity with her, as I do with someone unmentionable, who I always used to warn away from stairs!! Yeah warnings were directed at the wrong person!

As if that wasn't bad enough she then misses the step in the cell.  Nick went in first, maybe he should've warned her of the step.  Whilst watching this episode, I thought back to the Hauntings of Australia episode 1.2 Old Geelong Gaol; where the build and structure was quite similar.  maybe they modelled their prisons in Australia on the British counterparts.  Where they captured some amazing evidence.  Which isn't to say Nick and Katrina didn't catch some compelling evidence in Shewsbury too.  Especially the rope!  When Nick entered the execution room and his camera showed the angle of the rope with the window behind it, I said to my sis that the rope was going to move and it's just something that entered my mind!  I have no idea why I said it.  Then again I also said that perhaps Nick might sleep in the execution room which he didn't do.  I did feel the same way Nick did watching this, when Rob said to him how he's been staring at that room and didn't want to go into it.

The other uncanny moment was when Nick saw the shadow figure across the doorway.  OMG hand on heart!  Seriously I know I saw something there too and in that general direction too and again blurted to my sis, "what was that?"  I swear I saw something there too before Nick says it, but when I looked back I couldn't see anything.  Maybe it wasn't caught on camera but my feeling was still so strong also.
It was somewhere around where the blue tick is?  Wonder if that's where Nick noticed it?

For some reason, this episode was more like me feeling I was actually there with them, I don't know why.  I get my synchronicity moments at lot of the time, yet this one felt so different, there's no way to describe it.  But it wasn't like what usually happens when I watch such shows and my eyes just always manage to focus on where something's going to happen.  Probably some sort of sixth sense I've developed over the years.  Those footsteps too, they sounded more like heels, than flat shoes. Maybe it was the 'lady in grey' Katrina saw, but they wouldn't wear heels.

This is not about me, anyway, the other incredible pieces of evidence they caught was the stick figure on the 3D mapping camera, which took hold of Katrina's hand and she felt it cold around her, though she couldn't feel it and the tug on her jacket.  Over the years investigators have spoken of how this has happened to them, but to actual have footage of it and to see it, brings a whole other reality and aspect to this happening.  It's amazing when you watch it!  Like watching invisible people.  Someone trying to get Katrina's attention and it definitely seemed she was the centre of this lockdown. Especially since she was the one who told Nick about George Riley, who was wrongfully hanged there and was the last prisoner ever hanged there and the story with the doves was fascinating too. Also to get confirmation from Steve, the former prison officer there of much of what they encountered.

21.43 what is that a trick of the light?? looks like a creepy face?? that flashes past quickly when Nick tells Katrina he's coming up. It seems to be behind the bars outside?  Maybe it's a reflection or some kind of  'faces in things' that you get.

The funny part not added for time constraints most likely, was Nick's encounter in the toilet when something came up on him and banged on the door!  Ahh Nick always the loo, same thing at Bobby Mackey's Music World. He was later told that the guards would bang on the door if the prisoner was spending too much time in there!  Er, it's a loo would think you'd spend as long as is needed in there! ha.
Would love to investigate with Nick and Katrina, to get my curiosity satisfied and questions answered but it would be so amazing irrespective of that!

Note:
As for George Riley there wasn't any evidence corroborating his confession.  As the murder was committed during the furtherance of another crime: theft, the Homicide Act 1957 was in force and as such a capital sentence was always going to be given. Many people thought and still think he is innocent.  As well as no money being stolen from the victim, she only had four shillings in her purse. Especially also since the victim was so badly battered that there killer would've been blood stained. As well as there being the outline of a person where the blood stains were spattered.  There was no blood found on his clothes or belongings, aside from his towel, where he cut himself shaving. Another example of British injustice.

No comments: