Translate

Tuesday 12 April 2016

Mysteries Of Laura 2.2 "The Mystery of the Cure to Loneliness" Review

                                                  Image result for mysteries-of-laura the-mystery-of-the-cure-to-loneliness photos
Laura (Debra Messing) investigates the death of a woman in her apartment who allegedly committed suicide.  However with the Diamond sixth sense on the trail it appears she didn't, since there's an abundance of evidence stating otherwise, like the junk food, a whole pot of linguine.  No suicide note and why would she kill herself with hemlock when there are far less painful ways, that was my observation.  She's been getting meals delivered to her which leads them onto the suspect list which grows per investigation as we know.  But Santiani (Callie Thorne) isn't too convinced it's a homicide. Now that she's also got that marker board to display suspects and evidence (along the lines of Castle) which Laura doesn't like and I don't blame her.

Apparently she faked her cancer and only feigned to have it so she could meet people, which she did and helped out with various charities and helping sick children too, including helping with all the donations that came through after an Internet journalist did a story on her and her friend April (Krysta Rodriguez).

Well my suspect radar was on the ball as usual since it would have had to have been someone with access to her apartment and who else but Ted, (Richie Moriarty) especially since shifty Ted passed the buck onto another poor unsuspecting, er, suspect to get the heat off him as being the last one who saw her alive.  I mean as a suspect he couldn't even make a convincing getaway, crashing the car with the money inside and yeah you greedy people give that money back!!  Funny Laura picked on that man in the suit rather than anyone else, as if he's loaded cos he's wearing a suit!  Ha.

Silly line they gave Laura when she asked who takes the labels off their pill bottles, if you're going to dispose of them that's what you should do, hello, Laura police officer/detective, heard of ID theft!! Pill bottles here carry not only your name and address, but also your doctor's too, how easy would that be to get your identity stolen and cloned!

However how many of us only watch the show (okay investigations aside) to see the dynamic between Jake (Josh Lucas) and Laura, did I say dynamic, I mean the smouldering chemistry, those lingering forlorn looks, oh boy ditch Tony (Neal Bledsoe) he's just not right for her and I didn't like him last season either!  Yes Jake betrayed her, yes he's sorry, will he do it again, who knows but we both know where his feelings lie and I have to say Laura does have a soft spot for him.  Only a few minutes before I said they forgot what Jake said to her in the hospital last season finale and then forgot moments later, about his love for her and here Laura mentions it to Meredith (Janina Gavankar).  Loving Laura and Jake as partners, but it was a shame he had to take a demotion to hang around at the precinct.
Also obviously he still hasn't recovered 100% from his shooting, still needing pills for the pain which he's also hiding, was that out of his eagerness to get back to work, or not wanting to be a burden on Laura for longer.

Oh and Tony turns up empty handed, I mean what happened to all that food considering the way to a woman's stomach, I mean Laura's heart is through her stomach.  Skimping out on the food now and getting to second base already!  That's not on.  But I liked how Jake turned up at the end, cos an ending's not complete with him!  Laura really wanted him to recall what he said to her and gosh he looked so confused, didn't you will her to put him out of his misery, but it seems the writers are getting her and us to wait it out!!  Ahh that line, 'is there something you want me to say,' paraphrased of course!!  Poor man!  Which has nothing to do with me being a fan of Josh for THE longest time!! But maybe I am biased by an awfully large smidgen!!

And no I don't want to know any spoilers, I've strategically missed any and all tweets from September until now, so I'm not going to start reading either.  Though I still managed to hear about the season finale, which I'm putting out of my mind until I watch it, which is easier said than done, since I never forget a thing!!  When we getting news on a third season seeing as we only got a measly 16 eps this season?!!

No comments: